Job Title: Accounting Coordinator
Position reports to: Chief Financial Officer Date Posted: 8/13/21
Peach Bowl, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization that owns and operates the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Game, the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, and the Peach Bowl Challenge golf tournament. The Accounting Coordinator position for Peach Bowl, Inc. manages the accounting and finance functions, including accounts payable and accounts receivable, oversight of the general ledger and bank account reconciliations, among other duties.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Responsible for the accounts payable function which includes maintaining vendor files, entering invoices for payment, printing and mailing checks, and responding to inquiries from vendors and employees regarding payments
● Responsible for managing the accounts receivable and billing processes which includes maintaining an aging report for receivables, making all bank deposits and entering deposits to the general ledger, and working with the Sales department to collect receivables in a timely manner.
● Reconciliation of bank accounts on a monthly basis and preparing reconciling journal entries.
● Assist the CFO in closing the books each month and preparing financial statements.
● Assist with the annual budgeting and planning process.
● Prepare various schedules and reports for the annual audit by BDO and assist the CFO during the audit.
● Assist the CFO with human resources and employee benefit tasks as needed.
● Perform various assigned tasks, many of which are non-accounting related, during Bowl Week, Kickoff Game Weekend and the Peach Bowl Challenge.
● Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must possess ALL of the following qualifications to be considered for this position.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree with major in Accounting or Finance. Minimum of one (1) years of work experience.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong knowledge of Microsoft software applications including Excel, Word, and Windows. Experience with QuickBooks accounting software is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Other Skills and Attributes:
Must be a quick learner who is able to work independently
Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
Should have an interest in sports and collegiate athletics
Must be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment
Must be available to work on weekends and holidays during Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and Chick-fil-A Kickoff Games and related events
Job ID: 324101245