OrthoVirginia, Virginia's largest provider of expert orthopedic and therapy care, is currently seeking a full-time, experienced Payroll Specialist to join our team! Along with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding employment package includes: competitive salaries, excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a generous 401k incentive plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide wellness program.
OrthoVirginia has exciting new opportunity within its Payroll Department. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for all activities pertaining to the accurate processing and recording of the company's payroll and maintaining the employee database regarding salary and pay. Qualified candidates will be able to serve in the following areas: Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports; processing of off cycle payrolls; assist in the preparation and reconciliation of annual submission of W2s; coordinate tax related adjustments and returns with payroll provider. This position also serves as back-up to the Payroll Manager.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities
Payroll Processing and Acceptance
· Processes and reviews time reports for missed punches to obtain manager approvals for timecard sign off to process time data.
· Verifies time batches loaded correctly and resolves any issues.
· Reviews pay data detail report for entries to add on payroll import and validates totals prior to preparing payroll preview.
· Reviews and audits Ad Hoc reports to identify entries needed on payroll import file.
· Analyzes and interprets source documents to add miscellaneous payroll entries to payroll import file prior to preparing payroll preview.
· Runs Retro Pay Batch.
· Reviews and administers garnishment orders in employee profile.
· Uploads 401k employee contributions through data bridge.
· Processes and reviews payroll preview to analyze data against source documents and payroll reports to ensure all employees are paid accurately. If errors exist, reject, and make edits as needed; recalculate; and process another preview.
· Audits all payroll preview reports and validates payroll register totals before acceptance of payroll.
Post Submission of Payroll and Reporting
· Processes and saves all payroll standard reports, GL reports and payroll/tax funding impound reports.
· Reconciles payroll reports to general ledger import files and identifies errors.
· Prepares necessary journal entries to ensure payroll transactions are balanced and properly recorded on general ledger.
· Processes and reconciles monthly, quarterly and year end payroll reporting.
· Maintains and develops reports in ADPR for leadership and creates customized reports to provide analysis.
Other Payroll Related Functions
· Assists with answering questions from employees regarding wages and other payroll inquiries.
· Possesses knowledge and understanding of garnishment rules and processes.
· Resolves tax related issues, corresponds with tax agencies, and interprets federal, state, and local tax returns, laws, and regulations.
· Verifies employee timecard to create manual check entry for missed hours ensuring correctness of hours, rate of pay and accurately calculating payment of wages.
· Processes general ledger payroll translations by adding new pay codes.
· Processes employee check reversals/reissues in ADP and direct deposit reversals in Smart Compliance.
· Assists in setup and maintenance of all SUI and SIT accounts.
· Performs other payroll related tasks assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Excellent organizational, analytical and communication (written/verbal) skills.
· Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
· Self-motivated, attentive to details, and ability to meet firm deadlines.
· Must present strong ability to work as a team.
· Associates Degree in Accounting or Payroll certification (FPC, CPP) strongly preferred.
· At least 3+ years multi-state payroll experience. ADP payroll experience preferred
· Advanced MS Excel skills preferred.
Pre-Employment background check, drug screen and TB test required for all new hires.
Job ID: 327849888