Job Location – East New York, Brooklyn
The Facilities Manager will oversee both the day-to-day maintenance and capital projects for a large scatter site affordable housing preservation project in East New York, Brooklyn. The project includes 29 buildings, 1,660 units and 50 buildings staff. The ideal candidate will be well organized, goal oriented and will maintain positive relationships with building and site management staff, property management and ownership executives, and outside vendors as well as keep accurate records to ensure building code compliance.
- Hires, supervises, and trains all building maintenance staff responsible for all maintenance, repairs, and construction projects.
- Oversee the day-to-day workflow, scheduling, and assignments of the department.
Oversee all major capital projects and manage all sub-contracted building services
- Work with project superintendent to plan for and coordinate apartment turnovers.
- Performs regular site visits to buildings and apartments
- Prepare weekly payroll reports
- Drafts and implements routine maintenance schedules
- Collaborates regularly with General Manager and Site Superintendent
- Prepares job estimates and bids for projects to be completed by outside contractors.
- Inspects work performed by outside contractors.
- Prepares the departmental budget; reviews monthly financial reports for compliance with budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Intimate knowledge of building systems (elevators, HVAC, plumbing, building envelope), violations tasking, regulations, and compliance at the federal, state (New York), and local level (NYC)
- Experience working with violations tracking systems and expeditors.
- Knowledge of a Work Order System, Yardi to be preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 5-7 years of related experience in building maintenance required.
- Must be able to access and inspect areas of buildings and grounds.