OrthoVirginia, Virginia's largest provider of expert orthopedic and therapy care, is currently seeking a full-time, experienced Certified Athletic Trainer to join our team! This position is available in multiple locations . Along with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding employment package includes: competitive salaries, excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a generous 401k incentive plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide wellness program.
As a part of the orthopedic team, in close partnership with the physician, the Athletic Trainer will coordinate patient care activities, education, and navigation across the patient-care continuum. Under direction of the physician, the Athletic Trainer can be in clinic and expedite the flow of patient care through the clinic.
Position Functions & Accountabilities
- Initial patient assessment and evaluation, including vitals and detailed patient history
- Ordering diagnostic testing
- Presentation of findings to physician
- Scheduling additional test, procedures or appointments
- Utilization and proficiency of EMR
- Patient education including pre- and post-operative instructions
- Postoperative wound and dressing care
- Brace fitting, casting and splinting
- Home exercise program instruction
- Gait and crutch use training
- Community event medical care
- Support for local high school, college/university and club sport partnerships
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills and patient care focus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Determine and respond to patient needs and concerns based on the diagnosis and treatment plan provided.
- Provide and explain patient education materials and other documentation in a manner that is understandable to the patient.
- Demonstrate the ability to safely apply and remove casts and splints for upper and lower extremities.
Minimum Job Requirements (Include Education & Certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current NATABOC certification
- Valid Virginia state licensure, or eligible
Preferred Job Requirements
- One year experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer
- One year experience in a medical office with casting experience