WHAT YOU'LL DO BCGs Corporate Finance & Strategy practice (CFS) and its Global ValueScience Center team is seeking to recruit a client facing Senior Knowledge Analyst (SKA) for its Center for CFO Excellence (CFOx) topic team. The topic team covers all aspects of CFO related tasks and products from value creation strategy to performance management, digital finance and lean/agile working culture in finance. This comprises issues such as defining the role of the finance organization, transforming finance function to be efficient & effective, control finance costs, ability to steer and make relevant decisions in daily finance work, enablement of value creation and the facilitation of corporate planning decisions, including measures to align corporate, financial and investor strategies. YOU'RE GOOD AT Candidate should have experience and/or knowledge related to at least one of the following areas: finance organization (including shared services), finance transformation, external and internal reporting, corporate governance, performance management, planning, budgeting and target setting, corporate risk management or similar. The SKA is expected to be familiar with financial and non-financial benchmarking analyses, including analyses regarding profitability, capital structure, liquidity, and cash flow performance. The candidate should have deep end to end expertise in at least 2 finance process towers such as Record to Report, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Financial Planning & Analysis, Cash & Banking / Treasury, Payroll, Fixed Assets, etc.
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst on the Client-Focused track, the candidate will be deployed in client engagements with consulting teams to identify and analyze client challenges, provide customized knowledge of best-in-class practices as domain expert, develop solutions to address critical client issues, and chart a path for the client to constantly enhance performance. The candidate is expected to demonstrate excellent communication, high-quality analytical skills, and ability to deliver client ready analyses and insights.
The candidate will work also with topic team to collaborate, develop and maintain new knowledge materials related to CFOx topic based on emerging trends and gaps identified by consulting teams. The candidate will collaborate across the topic to build tools, analyses and insights to drive new ways of thinking and problem-solving.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree strongly preferred in business administration, corporate finance, accounting, mathematics etc. with very good academic achievements, and / or CPA (certified public accountant) with deep finance transformation knowledge & experience
- Minimum of 1 2+ years of relevant work experience in at least one of the following areas: management consulting, financial management, controlling & reporting, treasury, accounting & audit, corporate development, corporate finance or other equivalent areas
- In lieu of consulting experience 2+ years minimum industry experience required; 3-6+ years of industry experience strongly preferred.
- Confident client presence and relationship-building skills
- Effective written & verbal communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic & service-oriented mind-set
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and credibility
- Collaborative team player and pro-active self-starter
- Ability to maintain discretion when needed
YOU'LL WORK WITH Consulting teams
- Staffed as a topic champion along with consulting teams in client engagements by bringing in core domain expertise
- Own and drive successful completion of a module in client projects
- Provide insight generation expertise during team discussions to frame and structure client issues
- Provide problem solving and solutioning to drive improvements across client organization
- Enhance client deliverables by conducting high-quality analyses and applying business judgement
- Suggests alternative or additional analyses to expand original scope and provide new insight
- Demonstrate good slide-writing and story-lining skills to generate client ready materials
- Concise, synthesized and confident during discussions with project teams, running workshops with client teams and presenting analysis & findings to clients
- Develop effective relationships with senior project leadership to build strong demand as a topic champion for repeat staffing
- Support proposal development by guiding consulting teams on transformation approach, BCG capabilities, past case credentials and experts
- Build and update new topic-related customized knowledge products
- Control the consistency of knowledge management databases
- Review knowledge products and ensure they are current and relevant and update when appropriate
- Write abstracts and indexes for projects and practice documents
- Assist in Practice Area intellectual capital development projects (studies, articles, white papers and other publications)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Effective November 1, 2021, all new US hires must be fully vaccinated (two weeks after receiving the final dose of a WHO-approved COVID19 vaccine) or subject to a religious or medical exemption.