New Year Inspiration for Job Seekers: 18 Motivational Quotes for 2018
There’s nothing like a brand new year to inspire a fresh start. But “New Year, New You” is always easier said than done.
Whether you’re aiming for the next rung in the ladder or a brand new career, these New Year motivational quotes will help you find the edge you need to kick off the year right and accomplish your goals.
From Oprah and Brad Paisley to Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin, we’ve compiled words of wisdom from 18 sources of New Year inspiration:
1. “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
2. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Henry David Thoreau
3. “Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
4. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Unknown
5. “You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” – Wayne Gretzky
6. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
7. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” – Thomas Jefferson
9. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
10. “A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.” – Unknown
11. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice.” – T.S. Eliot
12. “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” – Brad Paisley
13. “Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.” – Hal Borland
14. “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” – Benjamin Franklin
15. “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, 'It will be happier.'” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
16. “Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas.” – Charles Kettering
17. “Celebrate what you want to see more of.” – Tom Peters
18. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
Sign In or Register to access all articles and insider tips for help in your job search.