Player Development Coordinator
It takes a great team to make Baseball Factory a valuable program for our student-athletes. Factory Athletics holds over 1000 events nationwide each year in all 50 states and over 150 cities. We pride ourselves on giving families an unbiased assessment of where they stand against other players nationwide. Baseball and Softball Factory events have featured more than 600 players who have played or are currently playing in the Majors and over 100,000 players who have gone on to play at the college level.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Columbia, Maryland or Remote
Reports To: Sr. VP Player Development
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated, and reliable Player Development Coordinator to join our team. This is a sales and customer service-focused role, and you will often be the face and brand ambassador for the Company to our players. You’ll have the opportunity to earn commission while also having a hands-on role in helping our players achieve their dreams of playing at the college level and beyond.
Job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Understand company mission and work to help achieve overall company goals.
- Assist company in hitting overall cash and revenue goals.
- Achieve monthly cash and revenue goals.
- Travel to Baseball Factory and Softball Factory National Tryouts: run registration, conduct college recruiting and player development seminars.
- Coordinate post-event responsibilities (post-event survey, notify staff of no-shows, distribute assigned players).
- Review PREP/Tryout evaluations and answer questions on college recruiting process to assigned players.
- Sell Player Development, Exclusive Program, and Introductory programs to all assigned players (based on tier/class).
- Review Player Development evaluations and make recommendations for future Player Development (based on new tier/class).
- Provide customer service for all assigned players (call rotations).
- Attend scheduled sales meetings to review sales strategies, dollar per lead, bookings for Player Development and Exclusive Program.
- Understand scouting department tool chart and class rating system for Baseball Factory and Softball Factory.
- Understand college recruiting rules for baseball and softball.
- Communicate with Player Development, Scouting, and Regional Training departments to make sure players and parents are getting quality service.
- Abide by company refund/cancellation policy for all sales.
- Follow company policies on payment plans and discounts.
- Assist Finance Department in collections for assigned accounts.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of sales experience
- Background in Baseball, Softball, or other sports management / sales
- Outgoing personality and a comfort with talking to both players and their parents
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Proficiency in English, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- An aptitude for creative sales strategies and problem-solving
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will include a base salary plus commission.
Factory Athletics offers health insurance options (medical, dental, vision), a 401K match, paid time off, and other competitive benefits.
Factory Athletics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying disability, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We base all hiring decisions on candidate qualifications and business needs.