This is an opportunity to work for the #1 News Station in the market - voted Best Place to Work 9 years in a row. Move your career forward working with the most talented people around. WDRB News is looking for an experienced broadcast reporter who can hit the ground running to cover everything from developing stories to in-depth investigations. The right candidate will be a problem solver and multi-tasker who works quickly under pressure to produce compelling content for daily newscasts and digital platforms.
Why WDRB is the best place to work:
Low-cost family health benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision
Company paid Health Savings Account
100% paid Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability
Incredible 6% employer 401K match
Competitive paid time off
Opportunities for learning and growth
Collaborative Team with a strong values-based culture
Learn from industry-leading talent
This reporter must be a great communicator who can pitch impactful, compelling stories. This journalist will build relationships within the community and meet deadlines for several newscasts. Previous live broadcasting experience required. Knowledge of the Kentucky/Southern Indiana viewing area is helpful.
Culture is key at WDRB—no egos or attitude allowed! Must have a positive attitude with the ambition to do anything to help the team.
• At least one year of daily reporting experience required, three years preferred.
• Strong on-air presence with the confidence to speak comfortably during live coverage when there is little information during developing news situations.
• Ability to shoot, write and edit broadcast-quality video.
• Strong command of writing for broadcast and digital platforms; a thorough understanding of the principles of ethical newsgathering.
• Journalism or communications degree.
• Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
Job ID: 331781104