Job ID: 345908628
We have an opening for an Supervisor, Electronics Technician at our Kent, WA Plant.
What will you be responsible for?
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system
- Provides administration and supervision of the plant ET supervisor as directed.
- Arranges for maintenance of adequate level of supplies, materials and parts so that there will be no interruption in operations due to shortages.
- Resolves technical problems encountered related to area of responsibility.
- Provides and plans technical training.
- Arranges for all equipment in area to be properly maintained and upgraded as needed.
- Stays current in new technologies and applies them as applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoots, adjusts, and repairs all electrical equipment, components, transducers, and complex timing and inspection devices.
- Diagnoses causes of malfunctions and corrects through programmable logic controls. Ensures efficient equipment operation through proper line control programming and proactively suggests methods to improve line performance.
- May travel to other plant locations to assist with projects.
- Updates wiring schematics and computer program printouts.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor Degree
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Will need to have PLC logic controls experience
- Working knowledge of the following areas: product specifications and technology of equipment and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard machine shop, electrical shop, maintenance shop, chemical process, and tooling inspection techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities/buildings maintenance.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic, geometric, and algebraic calculations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- PLC logic controls experience