Job ID: 346350753
Personal Training Manager | Reports to: Personal Training Director
Director Reports: Yes (Personal Training Staff)
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt | PTO Eligible: Yes Benefits Eligible: Yes
Payment Type: Salaried, Semi-monthly | Pay Grade: n/a OVERVIEW: A Club4Fitness Personal Training Manager is responsible recruiting for, hiring, onboarding, and mentoring new and existing personal trainers to become get acclimated to the performance expectations of the Club4Fitness personal training program as well as to ensure that the program grows and/or maintains targeted levels of monthly production. \At all times, the Personal Training Manager must demonstrate a thorough understanding and ability to perform all aspects of the personal trainer position along with full understanding of organizational and departmental policies, is expected to disseminate changes in policy, procedure, or performance expectations to his/her department in a clear, concise, and timely manner while representing the organization positively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or ability required. Assists the Personal Training Director in recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new Personal Trainers for his/her assigned Club facility.
Provides new personal training staff a specific schedule of onboarding activities (to cover the first 30 days of employment) and either works with that new personal trainer personally or assigns the Lead Personal Trainer as a shadow-mentor for purposes of training
Schedules trainings so as to ensure that personal training staff personnel develop a thorough working knowledge of the Peak POS system
Coaches personal trainers on running an effective consultation for a prospective training client; Shadows previously trained personal trainers to evaluate their proficiency on providing client consultations
Instills in the personal training staff all fundamental skills related efficiency of appointment setting for fitness consultations and overall prospecting within his/her assigned personal training department
Leads all personal training staff by example in knowing, following, and understanding specific personal training and also C4F policies and procedures, with an emphasis on full understanding of current personal training cancel/freeze policies/procedures
Conducts session quality reviews of existing personal training staff
Assigns clients to new trainers
Supports the Personal Training Director in engaging new member clients by effectively disseminating and supporting new personal training sales strategies, as rolled out by the Personal Training Director
Performs consults (monthly minimums as determined by Persona Training Director) Understands departmental KPI's and metrics such that s/he can successfully support Club and organizational efforts to improve overall personal training sales growth as well as guide the development of individual personal trainers while they build clientele Responsible for promoting client retention in his/her assigned Club by maintaining a strong team of skilled professionals and providing support, direction, and education to them, as needed Trains (and assigns) personal training staff on monthly trainer business plans as well as daily/weekly reporting
- *May choose to maintain a regular personal training schedule alongside responsibilities described above ((max of 20 hours during established PTM schedule of 40 hours unless otherwise authorized by Personal Training Director):
- o Delivers fast paced, pre-designed workouts to medium and large groups of clients
- o Leads and motivates clients throughout intense training sessions
- o Builds and then maintains a highly engaged member participation base
- o Practices what is being preached...Lives a lifestyle similar to the way you want clients to live theirs.
- o Ensures safety of participants in regard to exercise technique and participation of boot camp activities as well as to modify specific exercises in order to create accommodations for varying skill levels among participants
- o Attends weekly and monthly fitness meetings and required educational presentations; may be asked to assist in preparation of said meetings and presentation of specific topics in said meetings
- o Maintains member engagement through social media and "promote the brand"
- o Acts as a fitness leader in the community
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: The position reports directly to the Personal Training Director assigned to PTMs Club facility. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: 1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Experienced Certified Personal Trainer with previous experience
- Knowledge of physiology, exercise technique, and body mechanics so as to assess and provide necessary guidance in regard to functional training for women during pregnancy as well as to members recovering from illness or injury and improve repetitive motions or offer alternative to endurance and/or strength training activities
- The ability to pass a personal training Strength and Conditioning Assessment
Both detail- and results-oriented with high degree of professionalism and organizational skills and an ability to multi-task
- Positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Desire and capacity to train all fitness levels
- Have a high level of understanding and presence across social media.
- CPR/AED certification
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, including gregarious personality, an innate ability to motivate and inspire, and unstoppable energy
Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively within teams 2) Minimum certifications/education/experience level: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required; 2- or 4-yr degree in an exercise science or related field is preferred Previous personal training sales experience, a plus Must hold a current fitness certification from an approved education company such as ACSM, ACE, NASM, NCSA, AFFA, NFPT (NCCA Certified) Must be CPR/AED certified Reasonable accommodations may be possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Mental Demands: Reading; ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control under pressure
- Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Work with frequent interruptions; climbing, stretching, frequent light lifting of books, boxes; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds; frequent use of computer and repetitive hand motions
Regulated air temperature and humidity in gym facilities and office environment, however, temperatures and humidity may be elevated while group and personal exercise activities are being performed Regular standing, walking, crouching, kneeling, stretching, lifting, and other physical activity are required while performing the duties of the role Sitting, close reading, and typing are required while performing the duties of the role Noise level is generally low but may be louder and more intense in gym facilities Travel will be required as described above
- Hours are scheduled and will include early mornings, late evenings, and some weekend assignments. Additionally, there will be special occasions and/or activities that require extended hours of availability related to events, launches, Club openings, etc., but the need to remain flexible enough to meet client availability is paramount. Further, the Lead Personal Trainer will be expected to fill in when a PTM is not available.
o Most common schedule is as follows and changes must be pre-approved by the Personal Training Director: Mon Thurs: 8a Noon & 4p -8p or 8a Noon & 3p 7p (2 days each schedule, as assigned by the PTD) ; Fridays: 9a 5 p unless scheduled to work the following Saturday; Sat/Sundays: 8a Noon (as assigned; generally 2x monthly) **In new Clubs, the PTM will be assigned to work each of the first four (4) Saturdays after Club opening
CLUB4 Fitness is a membership-oriented health facility offering a wide array of health and fitness equipment that allow members to achieve their health and fitness goals through regular exercise programs. At every location of CLUB4 Fitness, we have combined the best workout classes with outstanding service and an unbeatable atmosphere. From the building design to the variety of equipment, CLUB4 Fitness offers a truly unique experience.
It is our mission to provide an entertaining, educational, friendly and inviting, functional and innovating experience of uncompromising quality that meets the health and fitness needs of your mind, body, and spirit. You must have the passion and desire to RESOLVE-REBUILD-REWARD and REPEAT for the life of your body. Our goal is to improve the physical, medical, spiritual and emotional health of our community and thats why were passionate about making CLUB4 Fitness. A CLUB4 Everybody and every BODY.